6 Train, Final: Design Statement
Work in Progress Website
I’m exploring the gamification of the mundane because I want to find out how our emotional reactions are tied to the spaces we inhabit and the feedback we receive in order to highlight the disjunction between digital interfaces and content.
- HEARTS, CLUBS, DIAMONDS, SPADES: PLAYERS WHO SUIT MUDS by Richard Bartle
- Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man by Marshall McLuhan
- Lose/Lose by Zach Gage, which highlights malicious gamification
- Universal Paperclips by Frank Lantz, for the aesthetic and gamification of the mundane
- Grayscale by the ICE Lab at MIT, which is an email simulator game about sexism