Eating alone in some social scenarios makes the meal boring, limiting and in certain cases sad. I wonder is there is a way to match people with similar interests at the time for dinner or lunch to spare them from spending a meal alone
HMWs How might we
- How might we match strangers with similar interest for a meal to spare them from a lonely meal
- How might we identify and match peoples varied interest
- How might we ensure that no one is matched to someone who would make the meal worse
- How might we single out creeps and perverts from trying to make this meal uncomfortable
- How might we find people interested on not eating alone
- How might we understand when people want to eat alone and when would they prefer company
- How might we sync different people’s schedules to have them meet together
- How might we make restaurants participate in this activity
- How might we make restaurants benefit from merge single customers into communal tables
- How might we know if two different people will have chemistry
- How might we rate the experiences that happen from people sharing a meal
- How might we help people split a bill in two.
- How might we help people break the ice when they are paired with a stranger
- How might we earn people’s trust since we are paring them with someone they don’t know
- How might we simplify the system into an app or site that informs them of their next shared meal
- How might we identify opportunities to match people together in scenarios that could involve more than 3 or 4 people.
- How might we help others meet new people in cities or places where they are new or no nobody.
- How might we incentive new users to continue participating
Challenge & Goals
- Earning people’s trust
- People using this to use it for dates and not for a inoffensive meal
- Keeping creeps from using the system
- Avoiding the awkward moment of paying the bill
- Matching people’s true interest
- Matching people’s schedules
- Having people agree on a place to eat
- Having people enjoy a meal in company
- Having people share the cost of meals that otherwise would be more expensive
- Have people meet other people with similar interest or goals
- Have people meet for the sake of meeting new people
- Make a dinner/lunch more enjoyable in company than individually
- Make people try new places and foods
- Make people less anxious about being alone in new cities or when traveling
- Make big communal tables a more common thing
- Not to have people only eat with one other person, but instead encourage them to meet with other 2 or 3 people.
I am exploring the challenges of scheduling strangers together based on interests because I want to find out how can we pair them for meals in order to spare them from having a dinner or lunch alone.
I will be approaching this project from the lens of User Interface Design.